It’s important to know the truth about Islam and be able to speak confidently regarding the issues of our day. Find out what Arabic scholars reveal in their research through the authentic texts of Islam.
You can download a booklet here, or to have one mailed to you, please call 1-800-759-0700.
Islam: Religion of Peace or War? is available to all registered CBN Online Community members.
CBN Online Community membership is free, and you will enjoy the benefits of:
Thank you for contacting CBN and being a part of my.CBN.com community! We are praying for you.
We invite you to pray with a CBN prayer partner, chat, or email in your prayer request.
Call our 700 Club Prayer Center
Submit your prayer request by email
bass557799 and other writers on this page who refute the contents of this book please can you tell us what is incorrect - name and list the parts and what the correct version is. Until you are able to supply this information anything you say will be of no value or importance. I was raised Muslim - have completed the Quran four times (I was taught Arabic and then learnt to read the Quran so that I would have understanding), made salaah five times a day, observed all that was required of me as a religious Muslim and because of being able to read AND understand the Quran and Suraahs I questioned... the response from the learned Qalifahs was "Do not question just follow". At 36 I had a life-changing spiritual experience (I was not in a coma, not on drugs, nor incapacitated in any way) - I had a revelation and the scales fell off my eyes and ears... I was asked a question - What do you need? - the only answer was Jesus Christ. I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ and accepted Him as my Yeshua Hamishiach (Lord and Saviour) and I have walked the path of someone truly set free... no more doubt or question. When Jesus became the Lord of my life and the Saviour of my soul the sense of being loved was so great that all the questions I had as a Muslim disappeared - just plain vanished! The Bible (unquestionably the Word of God) declares: "He who the Son sets free is free indeed". I pray that you will one day know the peace, love, acceptance, forgiveness and freedom that I have lived the past 25 years with Jesus Christ in the centre of all that I am... for He has made me all that I am. Hallelujah!!!!!!!!
God does not behead people...you are right. Nor does he command people to behead other people. Nevertheless people are beheading other people and think they are doing God a favour. But those doing so are not Christians, neither are they Jews, or Buddhists or Hindus. The Bible verse about the souls of those under the altar who have been beheaded for the word are God are those who have been genuinely martyred for their faith in God and what He has said in His Word, the Bible. It is from Revelation, which is prophecy. God reveals what happens in advance. It doesn't say he approves of it. In fact he is waiting for the right time to judge those who do such things, but gives them time to repent and be forgiven. Jesus paid the price even for their sins.
"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that had been BEHEADED for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and such as worshipped not the beast, neither his image, and received not the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand; and they lived, and reigned with Christ a thousand years"
All negative comments against Christianity are unfounded and false and come directly from the carnal fallen nature on men in open rebellion before the Almighty's righteousness and holiness taught in the Holy Bible. Christianity is the only religion validated of God by accompanying powers of the Holy Spirit. Except for Christianity, Islam and other religions have no accompanying heavenly powers accompanying their message and are totally not of God but of Satan, the deceiver of men! All attacks against Christianity are solely rooted in the carnal fleshly fallen nature of men without any credibility or substance in this world and are to be totaled ridiculed and cursed as the works of Satan. Any person involved in attacking Christianity should repent and seek forgiveness through the Lord Jesus Christ and should commit their lives living morally under the Lordship of Jesus Christ. As Christ divinely proclaimed, " I am the way the truth and the life, no man cometh unto God but by me. And no man shall enter the Kingdom of Heaven except by faith in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ upon the cross of redemption! Amen & Amen
So predictable when Haters of Christ reference the Inquisition or Hitler. Inquisition was not about Christ but man's church man's religion; Hitler was anything but Christian -- please don't forget Hitler's primary ally was the Persia today's Iraq and Iran; and well they muslim countries. And well man may twist the way of Christ but one thing is for certain Christ never said kill your enemies, kill non-Christians for muslin leaders especially its founder this is not the same -- muslims by their book want to kill anyone not like them.
One statement in the booklet is telling for me. "When those who truly value peace refuse to condemn and sanction those who commit such atrocities, their point of view becomes irrelevant." We saw the protests in favor of Hamas outside the White House. Where are the "angry" protests by peace-loving Muslims vehemently denouncing the violence of muslim extremists? The center stage for protests in the United States is in front of the White House. Such a protest might help send the message that the majority of muslims oppose such violence. Instead there is silence, which to me, is an indictment.
Ok, if this booklet is wrong, where is it wrong? Specifically. Page number and paragraph number. And exactly how is it wrong? Heck, I'm completely open minded, and I need information, preferably from practicing Muslims–not childish tantrums. To scream that it's all wrong suggests someone who has panicked and doesn't know how to cope. Also spamming the discussion with repeated lengthy texts is childish. Infantile. Again, what's the panic? Why not have an intelligent, adult discussion? Give me specific facts and back up the facts.
Prophet Muhammad was the greatest of all mankind; his mercy covered all, Muslims, non-Muslims, trees, animals, humans, non-humans.
When he sent an army to fight the oppressors and aggressors, he ordered his companions, the leaders of the army not to kill an old man or a child or a woman and not to cut a tree or destroy a building, not to slaughter animals except for food.
He also ordered them not to disturb the monks worshiping in their churches or Rabbis in their synagogues and to leave them alone in their hermitages as long as they don't fight them.
Prophet Muhammad said on women, "they are peers/equal to men" on what god made obligatory on them except other than what the shari'a says. Prophet Muhammad extended his mercy to children and all creatures, he even ordered his companion not to set ants on fire (burn them), said no one should torture by fire except the creator of the fire. He ordered his companions not to step on them to kill them.
Throughout history, many non-Muslim intellects and great thinkers stood fascinated by the personality of Prophet Muhammad and his biography, they highly lauded his standard principles
- Heraclius, the great Roman Emperor, asked questions about Prophet Muhammad when he received a letter from the Prophet inviting him to Islam; Heraclius reached to the conclusion of the truth of Muhammad's call and said "If I were in his presence I would wash his feet"
- Al-Najashi, the King of Habasha (Ethiopia), he was a Christian king. His beard became wet with tears when he heard some of what the Prophet came with (verses from the Holy Quran), he said "These words and what Jesus said come from the same lantern"
- Lamartine, the French philosopher, writer, and politician said "Muhammad is The Philosopher, Orator, Apostle, Legislator, Warrior, and Conqueror of people's wild desires. In all standards by which human greatness is measured, we may well ask: is there any man greater than Prophet Muhammad?"
- George Bernard Shaw, the English playwright said "The world much in need of a man like Muhammad's bright thinking, such a man were to assume leadership and rule of the modern world, he would succeed in solving its problems and bring peace and happiness to it"
- Michael Hart said "My choice of Muhammad to be on the top the list of the "World's most influential person in history" may come as a surprise to some people, but he is the only person in history who was supremely successful in both the religious and secular levels"
- Mahatma Ghandi, the great Indian leader said "After I finished reading the second part of the Biography of Muhammad, I felt the need to know more about this great personality, he uncontested, won the hearts of millions of people"
- Thomas Carlyle, the English writer, said "I like Muhammad for his free of Hypocrisy nature, with clear and sound words, he addressed the Roman Tsars and the Kings of Persia and he guided them to what he loves for them in this life and in the eternal life"
- George Wells, The English Author regards Prophet Muhammad the greatest personality who established a state for justice and tolerance
- Leitner, the English researcher, said "I declare my hope to see a day coming in which the Christians will highly respect Jesus through their respect to Prophet Muhammad, truly the Christians who recognize the religion and the right path brought by Prophet Muhammad is the true Christians.
- Leo Tolstoy, the famous Russian writer and Philosopher, believes that the religion and Shari'a laws brought by Muhammad will prevail over the whole world, it is in conformity with mind and wisdom"
- Jean-Louis Michon, The French orientalist, said "Islam which ordered Jihad or Holy war, had much tolerance towards the followers of other religions. As per the teachings of Muhammad, Omar Bin Al-Khattab (The 2nd Caliph in Islam) did not inflict any harm on the Christian community when he conquered Jerusalem.
- Gustav Lobon, the well-known French Historian, said "Muhammad is the greatest man that history ever knew"
- Will Durant, the author of "The Story of Civilization" said "If we rated greatness by the influence of the great, we will say "Muhammad is the greatest of the great in history"
There is not another religion in the world that consistently produces terrorism in the name of religion as does Islam. The most dangerous Muslims are nearly always those who interpret the Koran most transparently. They are the fundamentalists or purists of the faith, and believe in Muhammad’s mandate to spread Islamic rule by the sword, putting to death those who will not submit.
Among every four humans in the world, one of them is Muslim. Islam is now the second largest religious group in France, Great Britain and USA! There is no point in beating around the bush. The fact is that Islam is a militant, intolerant, incendiary religion whose adherents, whenever they establish "critical mass" of about 10 percent of a given population, begin to foment Violence, Revolt and Jihad --- in essence, a Declaration of War on Western Civilization.